Monday, December 29, 2008

Something I Always Wanted To Do


Winter Camp!
That's right, after 10 summers of strolling Paul Bunyan Highway, driving the Beluga on Cass, and absolutely owning fish down at Buck Lake, I made it up to camp to see it in all of its winter glory.

What's the best word to describe camp in the winter? Quiet. Not just from the lack of people, but there is no water lapping up on the shore of Cass, no leaves being rustled by the wind, no White Truck rumbling down the road. I bet if tennis lessons were going on at Bear Paw you could hear J.P. hootin and hollerin all the way over at Star Island.

My highlight?

Walking out on the ice of Cass and Buck



Mary? You there? I'm hungry.



No diving



5 comments:

MKT said...

Brrrrr. Looks cold, Grant! Did you happen throw any snowballs at Lonnie?

Natalie Thompson said...

Oh it looks so beautiful. Wish I was up there!

TJ LEADENS said...

That looks ALMOST as cold as the water felt during counselor orientation week!

SJT said...

I hope he told Lonnie he was going to be there....
-Has anyone spoken to Grant since he's been at camp?

Anonymous said...

Since I've been born , this is my First winter without snow , . And I was happy about it : new Year in shorts and sandals , beach volley , disc golf .
That was until I saw this photo's . LL -> LuckyLonnie