Monday, December 08, 2008

Ice Fishing Begins

Winter has arrived in Minnesota. The temperature has not been above freezing for weeks and that means lakes are frozen over and ready for ice fishing. Last weekend I made a quick trip up to Bemidji and managed to spend a few hours on the lake. The crappies and sunnies were biting and in no time I had plenty for a great meal. If you haven't ever fished through the ice and would like to give it a try, email me and we can set something up (it helps if you live in Minnesota.....Peter). Bailey H. is first on the list! Who else wants to go?

6 comments:

SJT said...

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me....

Will you pick me up at Bemidji Airport?

Anonymous said...

this blog is great. thnx!

Anonymous said...

A trip from Indy may be necessary to spend a day on the ice fishing with Sammy. Is Carhartt attire a requirement?

PJE said...

Sam, I would love to go ice fishing. It is not available in the UK, thanks to the trans-atlantic gulf stream keeping our climate cold and wet no matter what time of year it is (I'm informed it is not good for hair styles either as it causes 'frizz'). In the UK it will rain when it is below freezing on the west side of the island and snow if you're on the east of the island. Lakes will never freeze over though, and if they do never enough to do cool stuff on like drive trucks over or go fishing. Maybe its time I left this crazy island...maybe it is...hmmmm.

Sam Thiessen Devine said...

Simon- No.
Spencer- Yes.
Mario- Anytime and Carhartt is preferred but not required.
Peter- What's taking so long?

Sam Thiessen Devine said...

Just kidding Simon. If the ice gets thick enough you can come with me anytime.