Friday, June 24, 2011

I Can See Clearly Now....

The rain is gone and the sun is shining! I just arrived in Cass Lake after missing the first part of camp. It's a bit unusual for me to arrive late, since I've been here for the past 10 years to start the summer. So, I didn't really know what to expect, but I should have. Everything was how it has always been. Rounds being fired, arrows hitting the gold, and JP could be heard on the tennis court from the Ivy Bowl down to Buck Lake.

Upon arrival, the rain that had been present for the past three days stopped! In spite of the rain, activity orientation carried on and the counselors have the guys off to a fantastic start. All of the campers have taken the swim test, and some have even passed their water ski test! Ranks are starting to be passed down on the Rifle and Archery ranges and the report from the Sail Shanty is that camp may have some new First Mates to take the helm of the Chippewa fleet. The men of the Athabasca are on their way down the North Knife to the Bay with the hopes of paddling with Beluga whales. Camp is buzzing and moving full speed ahead!

Last night, the stage became The House of Rock! The Airband competition was a crowd favorite and hilarious! The boys from Kamaji cabin were crowned champions with their rendition of Queen. Nice work Jack, Ian, Max, Josh, Andrew, and Philip!


Your Chippewa update from John Olson

4 comments:

Sarah Hill-Nelson said...

I love these newsy posts! As the parent of a first year camper I have been pining for information... I love to hear the details. Thank you!!

Joe said...

Ah, so you’re responsible for the rain stopping! We in Milwaukee certainly appreciate the gesture, Jolson.

Teddy said...

I would like to take credit for the sunny weather because as i left Chippewa i took the rain with me down to drought ridden South Florida. Nice try though Jolson.

SJT said...

Pfft, the only reason that it's not raining there is because we're hogging all the rain over this side of the Pond. You have me and my fellow countrymen to thank for that...