Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday Shopping Guide, Lower Camp

Is this the final installment? Time will tell. Regardless, let's talk about Lower Camp, generally guys that are in 5th grade or 6th grades and younger. Many of these guys are new to camp and will be knee deep in all of the exciting new activities. So, let's focus on the random camp fun stuff!

1. French Spinner Blade Lure Kit : If you have a fisherman in the family, this would be very cool. A chance to build your own spinner lures! Spinners work well in our neck of the woods, and will serve well in Canada as well. For $32, it's sweet. Why not throw in some Gulp Fish Bait while you're at it. Fake worms or maggots make for interesting family moments.

2. Table Tennis Balls : Yes, the constant rhythm of table tennis balls pounding the tables is a true sign that you are standing in Lower Camp of Chippewa. Can you have too many? Probably, but this is a nice package at just $7.

3. EyeClops Nightvision 2.0 : So I admit I have no idea why you might need this, but it sure looks awesome. I suppose if nature calls late at night, you could make sure there weren't any bears lurking out there. Other than that, I know I'd love one if I were 10 again. (Hey Natalie, I might even want one now that I'm 40.) A little pricey at $50, but way fun.

Finally, the haystack is the masterpiece of meals for lower camp, so why not learn how to assemble the proper ingredients by buying Mary and Ada's Chippewa Cookbook. It will be a hit at the next birthday party....I think. See the previous post for purchasing options.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One eyeclops in the bag. Hilarious.