Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Rifle Range in the Works

Plans are preliminary, but Mike Endres has been working to create a concept for a new rifle range. No doubt he mentioned this to you guys last summer since he is very excited about the project.

Much will remain the same and the location on Cass Lake will still be "home on the range," but the current structure will be replaced by new decking and roof along with a larger and more functional range house, rifle safe and backstop. A Chippewa alum has offered to help push this project through for next summer, so all of you marksman have something to get excited about. I'll keep you posted as the plans unfold. I might even have to sneak down there next year to finally pass my Sharpshooter!

2 comments:

Sam Thiessen Devine said...

I didn't pass any ranks last year but I think I had seven or eight counters. I'll race ya.

TJ LEADENS said...

I will have to see if I can pry myself away from the archery range for a few minutes next summer.