Thursday, October 18, 2007

In Memory of Ward Cox

As many of you may know, longtime camper Ward Cox passed away unexpectedly on October 13th at the age of 16. He was a remarkable young man, an eager leader and always quick to smile. The attendance of more than 1500 family, friends and fellow Chippewa alums at his funeral is a testimony to his positive impact on so many lives. On behalf of everyone in the Chippewa family, our sincerest condolences to Tim, Anne, Chris, Curtis, Timmy and the entire Cox family who have been such dedicated supporters of camp through the years. We will miss Ward and his wonderful, mischievous grin.

Ward's Obituary

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will miss Ward dearly. I am so sad he won't be a counselor at Camp Chippewa. He would have made an excellent one. I will never forget him.

Anonymous said...

Ward was a terrific kid. He would have made a fine Chippewa counselor. My thoughts and prayers are with you Cox family.

Anonymous said...

Anne and Tim,
I have been a counselor at camp for many years now and have taken Chris and Curtis on a couple of canoe trips. Like many others, I have gotten to know each one of your sons very well. Thank you so much for sending them up each summer. Though this tragedy breaks my heart, I most certainly can say I am better for having had the time with Ward. He was a wonderful boy who grew into a superb young man. I truly wish we could have had more time to see the man he was becoming. There are many of us that have never met you but knew Ward as well as any, and our hearts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cox family,
I've known you boys for 7 years now, and I've seen all of you grow up and enjoyed getting to know you all.
Ward knew how to have fun and knew how to make it infectious to those around him too. To meet him was to like him. He will be sorely missed and never forgotten.
All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Ward was an amazing young man. He was an excellent tripper. Even when things would not go quite as planned, Ward still had a way to find the humor in the situation. He had a way to make everything seem alright. His smile and laugh were unmistakable. He will truly be missed.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cox Family,
Ward was a very good guy to cook for. I will miss his smiles and thank you at the window, and I Love You Mary. I missed all the Cox boys last summer and now Ward was called to a better place and I pray someday we can all be together with him in heaven. You have my sympathy and prayers. The cook at Chippewa,
Mary Keely